Vincent PierceHead of Talent Engagement LAC
Innovative thought leader with a focus on several key strategic areas including:
- Talent Management, Domestic and International Talent Acquisition strategies, Succession Planning, Workforce Planning, D&I
- Current role as Head of Talent Engagement for Diageo where I lead the team supporting all Latin America and the Caribbean
- Previously held Director of Talent Acquisition roles for Microsoft, Dell, Walt Disney and Marriott Vacation Club
- Part of Global Talent Acquisition Leadership team required to develop and institute strategies that maximize efficiencies across international markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of South Alabama
- Currently resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL with wife and 2 childre
10:00 AM Tapping into Diverse Talent Pools and Talent Communities to Find the Right Talent Anywhere, Anytime
As the marketplace in the US approaches full-employment - with unemployment decreasing to 5.1 percent in August, according to the latest U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data - once-deep talent pools are rapidly drying up. Employers must find innovative ways to source in-demand professionals. Forward-thinking TA leaders are attentive to emerging talent pools and developing strategies to tap into them. Broadening the ways organizations allow work to be accomplished also broadens the scope of candidates an organization can attract.
Join this session to learn how Diageo is creatively tapping into diverse talent pools and communities:
Skilled foreign-born workers: according to the recent current population survey, 34 percent of immigrants who arrived in the US since 2000 had a college degree. Overall, foreign-born persons comprised 15 percent of the skilled US population age 25 or over, and this is projected to rise in the coming years.
Talent pools that would be better tapped into through offers of flexible work: highly-skilled military spouses, employees who live far from the office, working mothers in general
Fostering talent communities and integrating them with your employer brand to engage potential employees on a regular basis